CREDO Faculty Opportunities
The mission of CREDO is to provide opportunities for people to examine significant areas of their lives and to discern prayerfully the future direction of their vocation as they respond to God’s call in a lifelong process of practice and transformation. I invite you to explore the CREDO website to learn more about the resources and programs CREDO offers.
Through the foundational eight-day conference model, CREDO has reached more than 6,000 Episcopal clergy (bishops, deacons, and priests) and several hundred lay employees and lay leaders of the Episcopal Church in the past 15 years. Conference participants spend time reflecting on important aspects of their lives – spiritual, financial, physical and emotional health, and vocational – in a comfortable setting with a community of peers, grounded in worship and prayer. The Church Pension Fund provides significant funding to provide this wellness benefit to its pension plan participants.
CREDO offers the foundational eight-day conferences that include CREDO I, CREDO², CREDO for Retired Clergy, and Spanish CREDO. We also offer CREDO I Six-day Conferences and CREDO for Recently Ordained Clergy (ROC), which is a two-year conference experience of seven days each year.
CREDO is accepting applications for all positions until April 26, 2013.
Making a commitment to serve as a CREDO faculty member requires a significant amount of
time. If you are selected to serve as a faculty member, the following time commitments will be expected.
1) Faculty members attend a CREDO conference as a participant (if they have not already done so) before serving on a faculty team at a conference. CREDO 274 for potential faculty members is scheduled for December 2-9, 2013. The conference will be held at The Bishop’s Ranch Conference Center in Healdsburg, California. There is no cost to attend this conference and your airfare and expenses will be paid by CREDO.
2) A Faculty Development Conference for new faculty will be held February 16-18, 2014, in Memphis, TN. Attendance is required. CREDO is committed to offering the best possible training and development for its faculty, including a Faculty Guide and significant curricular materials. You will receive a fee for your attendance, and your airfare and expenses will be paid by CREDO.
3) All faculty members attend the CREDO Convocation, a gathering held every other year. More than 150 people gather for fellowship, conversation, reflection, learning, refining, dreaming, discerning, visioning, and community building. Convocation immediately follows the Faculty Development Conference and will be held February 18-22, 2014, in Memphis. You will receive a fee for your attendance, and your airfare and expenses will be parid by CREDO.
If you become a member of the faculty, you will be assigned to a faculty team that facilitates two conferences (in some cases, only one) per year for two years, 2014 and 2015. Faculty members are independent contractors and contracts are renewed annually.
Faculty compensation is as follows and CREDO pays for travel, lodging, and meals for all meetings.
- The faculty compensation for an eight-day conference in 2014 includes three days of preparation time for the conference and the conference itself. The compensation is $5,000.
- The faculty compensation for a six-day conference in 2014 includes three days of preparation time for the conference and the conference itself. The compensation is $3,750.
- The faculty compensation for a seven-day ROC conference in 2014 includes three days of preparation time for the conference and the conference itself. The compensation is $4,375.
- The compensation for attending meetings is $300 per day.
If you are interested in being considered for this unique opportunity, please download and complete the faculty application materials and return them no later than April 26, 2013.
You will be notified of your status in the application process by June 15, 2013.
We regret that we will be unable to accept everyone who may apply, but please know that your application will be received with gratitude and treated with respect.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Kenya Baker (Team Leader - Faculty and Curriculum) in the Memphis office at 901-275-3004.
The Rev. Canon M. Renée Miller
Associate Manager of Faculty